Well, Thanksgiving this year marked a special day in my calendar for more reasons than you might think. Not only was my beautiful son with me for the holiday, but it also marked my first offensive move against the sociopath.
Throughout my custody nightmare, I have been like a badly maintained outhouse: a place for the sociopath to take a dump whenever he feels spiteful. It is starting to stink in here and I am sick of it. I filed a criminal contempt of the court order motion in court and asked for my parenting plan to be modified.
There are no less than 66 counts of contempt, in over 6 different catagories. I won't bore you with all of the details, but here are some of the better ones:
“...subsequent to the order dated January 10, 2012 the father has violated these provisions numerous times and is in contempt of this court's order”.
- Father has demonstrated a pattern of conduct showing his
inability and refusal to make joint decisions as court ordered. More
specifically, father has blocked joint decision making with Mother
on at least eight (8) different occasions as set forth below:
- December 25, 2011 father refused to allow child to continue
counseling, stating he is in charge now.
- January 1, 2012 Father informed mother she is not allowed to
have a say in educational decisions. Father further elaborated that
the Judge doesn't trust Mother's ability to make decisions, so he
gave Father custody.
- March 12, 2012 Father unilaterally enrolled child in
preschool and excluded mother from list of persons authorized to
contact in the event of an emergency and persons allowed to pick
child up from school.
- July 11, 2012 Father took minor child to the health
department for vaccines and wart removal without notification to
- August 3, 2012 Father showed up at kindergarten orientation
(during mother's week) and told the teacher that he has custody and
has all decision making authority. Father again excluded mother
from list of contacts on enrollment forms.
- September 18, 2012 Father refused to allow medical history
of minor child completed by mother to be admitted into his file
because he has custody and makes the decisions.
- Father frequently limits or refuses telephone contact
between mother and child, telling the child that the “court won't
- August 5th, 2012 Father told child mother was
brainwashing him because child didn't want to go with father, then
tells mother he has no respect for her that she ruined his life and
is having an affair.
- September 3, 2012 Father threw bag of child's medication at
mother during exchange.
- June 10, 2012 Father attempted to barter telephone contact
between mother and child in exchange for putting father on mother's
- December 25, 2011 father refused to allow child to continue counseling, stating he is in charge now.
To prove contempt, I need to show the court evidence of the following:
- There is a court order in place CHECK
- The defendant knows about the order- CHECK
- The defendant has the ability to comply with the order- CHECK
- The defendant has not followed the order- CHECK
I am awaiting a trial date and it should be interesting to read his response. I am fairly certain he is aware of the charges. He had his roommate drive him to the exchange today, presumably to act as a witness at trial. I must say, tonight I feel empowered for the first time in a long time.
The judge who made the initial determination of custody also heard the lawsuit, the criminal assault on a witness, and the child support case. Now he will hear the contempt motion and request for modification too. In the mean time, child support court is coming up on December 3rd. I plan to ram it home that the sociopath committed fraud upon the court in regards to his income.